New Delhi: Apply for PAN Card: PAN is a Permanent Account Number that every taxpayer in the country needs to have. PAN card is used for financial transactions. PAN card 10 digit is a unique identification number. PAN is a kind of computer based system, which issues a separate identification number for each citizen. In this way, information on every transaction made on PAN number is available in one place. PAN card is issued by the Income Tax Department. The PAN card contains the name of the person, date of birth, name of the father or spouse and photo. You can also use PAN card as an identity card.
In the meantime, if you do not have a PAN card, you can withdraw it immediately. You can apply for PAN card at home. Let us know the process about this.
Apply for PAN card at home
- First go to https://www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html.
- Now select Application Type.
- Then select the category.
- Now enter your name, date of birth, email id and mobile number.
- Agree to terms and conditions.
- Next enter Captcha Code and submit.
- You will now be redirected to a new page. Here you will see an acknowledgment number.
- You can send photocopies of all documents to NSDL by post or courier.
- Once the documents are verified, you will get a physical copy of the PAN card.
- You can also check the status of PAN card through 15 digit acknowledgment number.
- Remember, fill in all the information properly while applying for PAN card. If any information is incorrect, your application will be rejected.
These documents are required while applying for PAN card
- Aadhaar Card
- Voting ID (Voter ID Card)
Four types of PAN cards are issued
- PAN card for Indian citizens
- PAN card for Indian companies
- PAN card for foreign nationals
- PAN card for foreign companies