Truecaller is one of the most popular app which is used by millions of people nowadays. There are many benefits of this, True Caller helps you to view the caller ID of the person calling you, even if the number is not saved in your phone book. Apart from this, Truecaller also helps you in getting the details of unknown numbers. You can also track scam calls.
As you all know that digital media is making your life easier but at the same time it is also destroying your privacy. Even if you have never used the service, your name and number may be on Truecaller’s database because someone else may have saved your contact details and allowed the app to access them.
For this reason if you don’t want to be searched by other people and are considering deleting your number from Truecaller’s database, you can fix this problem by deleting yourself from Truecaller. First of all you have to delete your TrueCaller account. Do you know how you can delete your account? Don’t worry, here are some steps you can follow to remove your name from Truecaller.
How to remove your name from Truecaller?
- First of all open Truecaller app.
- Now tap on the icon on the top right corner.
- Now go to Settings.
- Now go to About.
- Now select the Deactivation Account option.
- A pop up will appear saying ‘By deactivating the account you will delete your profile data. Do you want to continue?’
- Now select Yes.
- You will be logged out of Truecaller. Now that you have deactivated your Truecaller account, you can proceed to remove your number from the service.
How to delete your phone number from Truecaller?
If you no longer want to be a part of the search in the Truecaller app, then first you have to deactivate your account and after that you have to unlist yourself. According to the official website, here are some easy steps that you need to follow to unlist your phone number.
- First of all go to the official website truecaller.com.
- After this go to ‘Unlit phone number’ page of Truecaller.
- Now enter your phone number with country code like (+91000000000000)
- Now verify that ‘I’m not a robot’
- If you want to tick one of the reasons for unlisting, or you can also write your reason for removal.
- After that enter the verification captcha and click on ‘Unlist’ option.
- It may take up to 24 hours for your number to be unlisted.