Free high-speed WiFi internet facility has been made available at 6100 railway stations in the country.
More than 5,000 of these stations are in rural areas.
Here let us tell you for information that the speed of 1Mbps daily is WiFi free for the first 30 minutes of use.
Free high-speed WiFi internet facility has been made available at 6100 railway stations in the country. Of these, more than 5,000 stations are in rural areas. This WiFi service is also available at many remote stations in the North East region and all 15 stations in the Kashmir Valley. This means that you can avail this service at railway stations. Let us know in detail what is this facility and how you can take advantage of it.
Here let us tell you for information that the speed of 1Mbps daily is WiFi free for the first 30 minutes of use. Users will have to pay a nominal fee for using the high-speed WiFi facility for more than 30 minutes. About which you will get further information.
RailTel, a public sector undertaking under the Ministry of Railways, said it is getting closer to expanding the facility to all stations across the country. The organization said that out of the above 6100 stations, more than 5000 stations are in rural areas. The project to provide free WiFi internet facility at stations was envisaged in the 2015 Rail Budget. Since then, the work of implementing it is being done on a large scale.
HOW CAN YOU CONNECT YOUR PHONE, OR LAPTOP TO THIS FREE WI-FI
- To connect to WiFi, passengers need to scan the WiFi options and select ‘RailWire’.
- The browser will now take the user to the Railwire portal and here you will be asked for your mobile number.
- Now, a one-time password (OTP) will be sent to your phone number. You have to enter this OTP here.
- Once connected, the WiFi connection will last for 30 minutes.
- WiFi runs at 1Mbps and is ‘free’ for 30 minutes.
- To use the WiFi facility at high speed for more than 30 minutes, users will have to pay a nominal fee.
- Plans start at Rs 10 per day and offer 5GB internet with 34Mbps speed.