Follow these Tips to Prevent UPI Fraud: In the last 3 to 4 years, there has been a rapid increase in digital transactions in the country. The government is also taking various steps to strengthen the digital economy in the country. UPI ie Unified Payments Interface is playing a very important role in strengthening the digital economy. Nowadays a large number of people are using UPI apps like Bharat Pay, BHIM App, PhonePe, Paytm etc.
But, as the use of UPI payment is increasing, the incidents of UPI fraud are also increasing. In the last few years, cybercriminals use new technology to steal data from people’s UPI app and empty their bank accounts. If you also use UPI apps, then be alert. We are going to tell you some such tips through which you can keep yourself safe from any kind of fraud. So let’s know about this-
Follow these 5 tips while using UPI app-
1. Always remember that no bank officer, telecom operator or company calls you and asks for personal information and bank details. Also, don’t forget to share your UPI ID or PIN with them. Do not share your personal information by clicking on any misleading links.
2. If any person calls you in the name of updating KYC of UPI app and asks for your ID information and PIN, then do not give this information to him. Keep in mind KYC cannot be updated on call.
3. Many times cybercriminals try to cheat people in the name of attractive discounts. He shares links of cheap shopping offers. After this, when you share your UPI ID and PIN by clicking on that link, then you become a victim of fraud. In such a situation, before clicking on the link of such tempting offers, do cross check it once.
4. You must keep changing your UPI PIN from time to time. This will keep your money safe.
5. To make your UPI more secure, you can set a daily limit in it. With this, you will be saved from big losses in case of any kind of fraud.