Stop unwanted calls and messages forever in one go.
Image credit source: Getty
If you are troubled by repeatedly blocking unwanted calls or messages, then stop these calls forever in one go. You can easily do this by following these steps.
Many people are very upset due to telemarketing and spam calls on the phone. By the way, the arrival of unwanted calls bothers everyone. Whenever you are stuck in some work or meeting, these calls or messages trigger you the most. Because of these calls, sometimes even important calls are missed. Sometimes spam calls are also fraud. Many people have got upset by repeatedly blocking these calls. But now you will not have to worry so much. We will tell you a way in which you can block and report spam calls.
You can even stop receiving these spam calls and messages forever. Let us tell you how you can do this. You can stop receiving spam or telemarketing calls by following these steps.
Activate Do Not Disturb DND for any number like this
TRAI had started National Do Not Call Registry NDNC in National Customer Preference Register i.e. NCPR to block spam calls to people. In this, people can sign-up to block all telemarketing communication or spam calls in selected sectors. You can do this like this.
- To activate DND on your number, open your SMS app and type start.
- Now send this message to 1909 number.
- After this, the service provider will send you a list of banking, hospitality and other categories along with their codes.
- Reply with the code in the list you want to block.
- Service provider will send confirmation message of your request. DND service will start within 24 hours.
The National Consumer Preferences Register assures that DND activation will only block third party calls. Will not block your bank’s message alerts, communication from online portals and services and third party personal calling etc. You can also start DND service through Telecom Service Operator.
Follow these steps to register DND on Jio, Airtel, Vodafone.
Activate DND on Jio like this
- Go to My Jio app and open Settings, then go to Service Settings and click on DND option.
- Select the categories whose calls and messages you want to block.
How to activate DND on Airtel
- Go to the official site of Airtel and go to this link airtel.in/airtel-dnd.
- Enter your mobile number here.
- Fill the OTP received on your number in it.
- Now you can select the category which you want to block.
Activate DND on Vi like this
- Go to this link Discover.vodafone.in/dnd on Google.
- Enter your mobile number, email id and name here.
- Now you can select the categories which you want to block.
Activate DnD on BSNL like this
- Send START DND message to 1909 from your BSNL number.
- Now select the categories that you want to block from the options that appear on the screen of your phone.