Monday, May 20, 2024
HomeDigit NewsToyota remains optimistic about the future of diesel cars.

Toyota remains optimistic about the future of diesel cars.

While Volvo recently launched its latest diesel car at the end of March, Toyota holds a different perspective on the technology. The Japanese automaker is steadfast in its belief that diesel-powered vehicles have a promising future ahead, and it’s premature to discuss their “decline.”

Toyota hilux hybrid 48v

Toyota Hilux Hybrid 48V

In an interview with Australian Drive magazine, Toyota’s local sales and marketing manager, Sean Hanley, emphasized that diesel remains a highly dependable fuel source, particularly for larger vehicles such as trucks and SUVs. However, he also acknowledged the need for diesel engines to adapt to stricter emissions standards.

Toyota’s commitment to diesel cars was evident in the recent release of the Toyota Hilux Hybrid 48V hybrid pickup truck, equipped with a 2.8-liter four-cylinder turbodiesel engine. Additionally, a Toyota spokesperson hinted at the possibility of developing an internal combustion engine powered by synthetic diesel fuel. Meanwhile, the automaker continues to explore alternatives, including hydrogen-powered internal combustion engines. Notably, Toyota Chairman Akio Toyoda announced the development of a new generation of internal combustion engines a few months ago.

Toyoda is confident that “purebred” electric vehicles will never exceed a 30% market share, with the remaining 70% of vehicles continuing to be equipped with internal combustion engines fueled by gasoline and diesel.

RELATED ARTICLES

Most Popular