Coastal Road Project Mumbai: The network of roads is being laid at a very fast pace across the country. At the same time, such a road is going to be built in the country, you will be shocked to hear the estimate of its cost. We are talking about Mumbai in Maharashtra. Where the work of Coastal Road Project is going on after the commencement of Sea Link. It will take about 1 year to complete the work of the first phase, but the second phase has been announced. Know how expensive this road is being estimated.
Rs 9,980 crore will be spent on 24.29 km
According to the blueprint of BMC, the 24.29 kilometer road portion of Coastal Road Project has been divided into 4 phases. The total cost of which is estimated at Rs 9,980 crore. A deadline of 5 years has been given for BMC Phase-2. The same second phase road is going to be the most expensive road in the country. The reason for this is that it is being estimated that about Rs 411 crore will be spent in the construction of its 1 kilometer.
First phase work in progress
According to BMC data, the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC) has year 2023 In, has prepared to start the second phase of its Mumbai Coastal Road Project (MCRP) to connect Versova to Dahisar. Work on Phase-1 of the project is going on. BMC is working keeping in mind the deadline of November 2023. BMC has completed about 70 percent work under the first phase. Phase-I of the project, 10.58-km long, will connect Nariman Point in the southern tip of Mumbai with the Bandra-Worli Sea Link (BWSL) through arterial roads, flyovers and underground tunnels.
Second phase announced
The Maharashtra State Road Development Corporation (MSRDC) is building the Versova-Bandra Sea Link (VBSL) from Bandra, which will further ease connectivity, BMC has launched an elevated bridge connecting Dahisar and Bhayandar (Dahisar-Bhayander Link) in North Mumbai. proposed to build a bridge. A tender for the work was issued in October. Phase 2 of the Coastal Road Project, known as Versova-Dahisar Link Road (VDLR), will start from Versova and extend till the starting point of Dahisar-Bhayander Link Road in Dahisar.
Important things related to the 4th phase of Coastal Road Project
- As per the BMC blueprint, the 24.29 kilometer stretch has been divided into 4 packages. Estimated to cost Rs 9,980 crore, a deadline of 5 years has been given for BMC Phase 2.
- The first phase will include 4.5 km of elevated roads, a basket bridge and an arterial road on stilts, connecting the VBSL interchange at Versova to Lokhandwala.
- The second phase of 7.48 km will connect Lokhandwala to Mindspace in Goregaon and will include a cable-stayed bridge and an elevated road.
- In the third phase, it will connect Mindspace of 5.32 km with Charkop. It will include an open-to-sky ramp and an underground tunnel that will extend between Malad and Charkop.
- The underground tunnel will run under creeks in Malad and Kandivali and a tunnel boring machine (TBM) will be used for the project.
- BMC is also using TBM to build an underground tunnel between Girgaum and Priyadarshini Park in Phase-1.
- The fourth phase will include a cable-stayed bridge of 6.95 km, a basket bridge and an arterial road.