New Delhi. Digilocker Benefits: We carry important documents like Aadhar Card, Driving License and PAN Card in our wallet. This is because if ever we had to show any document, it is present with us. However, it is risky as they can get lost in the process of carrying them with you always. If your personal information falls into the wrong hands, it can put you at risk. So we have brought its solution for you. There are many apps that allow you to save digital copies of important documents. The app we are talking about today is Digilocker. This app was launched by the Government of India and it allows you to save your school and college marksheets, passport, ID proof and many other documents in digital form. This means, your documents can be taken with you on your phone wherever you go. DigiLocker is available on both Android and iOS devices.
Benefits of Digilocker
- You can access documents anytime, anywhere
- The documents are issued directly by the registered issuer like Registrar’s Office, Income Tax Department, CBSE, etc.
- A range of official certificates and documents are available
- Built-in cloud storage space linked to your Aadhaar (UIDAI) number
- You can share documents online
Is it easy to use?
The interface of Digilocker is simple. The home section has categories of documents issued by the central government, state government, education, banking and insurance and other departments. You have to save your certificate or document by selecting the category.
There are two more options in the left menu- Uploaded Documents and Scanned QR Code. Uploaded Documents shows all the important documents that you want to record in Digilocker. You can also manually create folders to access them.
Is this safe?
Digilocker is safe to use. The app is all designed to keep your personal data secure. The app is introduced with ISO 27001 standards to secure your personal and financial asset information. This app also uses a 256-bit SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate. This means that the information you provide to issue the document is encrypted.
The next important security table is Mobile Authentication Best Sign-up. When users access the DigiLocker app, they are authenticated using mobile OTP. Another step has been taken to keep user details safe from unauthorized access and that is, DigiLocker terminates the session. This happens when there is no activity on the app for a long time.
Documents supported by Digilocker
Some of the documents supported by Digilocker app are Aadhar card, PAN verification record, registration of vehicles and birth certificate etc.
How to issue e-Aadhaar in Digilocker
DigiLocker has partnered with UIDAI to provide e-Aadhaar. If you have a Digilocker account then follow the steps given below.
- Download Digilocker app on your phone. Create a User ID using your mobile and Aadhaar number.
- Login to your Digilocker account
- You will see a dialog box to receive your e-Aadhaar message. Tap on Click here.
- You will receive an OTP on your Aadhaar linked mobile number. Enter OTP and Verify OTP.
- Now you will be redirected to the issued document category where you will see e-Aadhaar in the list.
- Click on View to view the document or Click on Download PDF to save.