Image Credit source: Tata Motors
Car Price in India: Buying a car on New Year is going to be expensive now. Most of the auto companies have announced to increase the price of the car due to increase in cost. so if you have on new years new car If you have made a plan to buy, then start preparing afresh. Tata Motors, Maruti SuzukiApart from i, car companies like Mercedes and Audi will increase the prices from next year. Most of the car companies have attributed the increase in prices to costlier material and increasing cost of transport. See here which company will increase how much.
The Government of India will implement Real Driving Emission (RDE) rules from 1 April 2023. All the tax companies of the country will have to follow these rules. The cost has also increased due to making vehicles compatible with the new rules. Apart from this, auto companies are also troubled by the shortage of semiconductor chips. That’s why most of the car companies are increasing the prices of vehicles from January next year.
Buying a car will be expensive in 2023
- Tata Motors: Tata Motors said that the vehicles will have to be updated to comply with the RDE norms. Due to the increasing cost, the company has announced to increase the prices of the cars. This increase will be implemented from January next year. Currently, the company sells Altroz, Harrier, Nexon, Nexon EV, Punch, Safari, Tiago, Tiago EV, Tigor and Tigor EV.
- Maruti Suzuki: Maruti Suzuki has also confirmed to increase the prices of all models from next year. Maruti also says that the cost has increased due to the regulatory norms issued by the government. Therefore, buying a car from January 2023 will cost you more.
- Kia: The South Korean car company will increase car prices by up to Rs 50,000 from January next year. The auto company has also attributed the increase in the price to the expensive cost of goods and the increasing transport cost. New prices will be applicable on trains booked after 31 December 2022.
- Renault: The French auto company has also decided to increase the price of the car due to the rising cost. Buying Renault Kwid, Kiger and Triber in the new year may cost you more.
- Citroën: Another French car company, Citroën has announced to increase the prices of C3 and C5. From next year, the price of these models will increase by 1.5 to 2 percent.
- MG Motor: MG Motor also intends to increase the prices of the car by 2-3 per cent. New prices will be applicable according to the model and variant of the car.
- Jeep: Jeep has also announced a 2-4 per cent increase in the prices of its SUVs across the range. These include the Compass, Meridian, Wrangler and the recently launched Grand Cherokee.
- Audi: German luxury car maker Audi will increase the prices of its entire car lineup by up to 1.7 per cent. Audi has taken this step because of the rising cost.
- Mercedes-Benz: Next year, buying a Mercedes car will also become expensive. The company has announced an increase of up to 5 percent.
- However, some car companies have not announced a price hike from next year. At present, no announcement has been made to increase the price from Hyundai Motor and Honda Cars.