Ford has unveiled the first electric pickup truck in the US specifically designed for the police. The car was named Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Special Service Vehicle 2023.
For over 70 years, Ford has provided police departments with the vehicles they need to protect and serve the public. More than 12,000 police departments across the country now have Ford Pro customers, and the range of police vehicles sells better than all other police vehicles combined. The company attributes this success and customer loyalty to the automaker’s close collaboration with its customers, in particular the Ford Police Advisory Board.
The 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV sprints from 0 to 60 mph in less than four seconds. Specially designed vehicle features include:
- Heavy-duty fabric cop seats with reduced bolsters make it easier for holstered cops to get in and out
- Integrated steel skid plates in the front seat backrests.
- Red/blue, yellow/white LED roof lights available
- Easy-to-install reinforced dashboard top tray for easy installation of police equipment
- Easy clean vinyl rear seats and vinyl floor
Inside, there is a 12-inch digital instrument cluster and a 12-inch center console touchscreen. The police version of the pickup truck in the basic configuration is driven by an electric motor with a capacity of 452 hp. A more powerful modification has a 580 hp engine. It can tow a trailer weighing up to 4500 tons.
More detailed information about the 2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro SSV, including the range, the manufacturer promised to announce before the end of the summer.