New Delhi. The price of gas cylinder is increasing continuously. The price of domestic gas cylinder has reached up to Rs 999.50. Buying a gas cylinder has become very difficult for many people. But under the government scheme, you can also get a gas cylinder for free. The name of this scheme of the central government is- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0.
Who gets the benefit-
- Only women can apply for Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana and it is also mandatory to be 18 years old to apply.
- The applying address should not have any other LPG connection. If this happens then the benefit of the scheme will not be available.
- Women applying- SC, ST, Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Rural), More Backward Classes (MBC), Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY), forest dwellers, people living in islands and islands or any poor family apply for this scheme Can do.
Which documents are necessary-
- Aadhar card should be there for identification.
- Having a ration card is also very important.
- Bank account number and IFSC
The special thing is that the Ujjwala scheme can also be applied online. First of all you have to visit the online portal (https://www.pmuy.gov.in/ujjwala2.html). After this you have to select the LPG company of your choice. After making the selection a new page will open. Here you have to create an account. After creating the account, you have to fill the form and apply all the documents.
After applying you have to go to the distributor. After completing all the things you can collect from cylinder and gas distributor. However, all the documents will be checked first. Let us tell you, many people have been cheated in the name of Ujjwala scheme. The government does not charge any money to apply for it. So no one need to give money to avail the benefits of Ujjwala Yojana.