The Ministry of Digital Development of the Russian Federation, together with the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Justice, the Ministry of Finance and the Federal Tax Service of Russia, have transformed the process of registering the birth of a child. Now everything can be done remotely – through the “Gosuslugi”.
The algorithm looks like this:
- When a child is born in the maternity hospital, with the consent of the mother, an electronic medical document of birth is issued, which will go to her personal account at the State Services;
- Having received a notification in her personal account, the mother switches to the birth registration service and fills out an application where she indicates the name of the child;
- If the child was born in marriage, the father also participates in this process, coordinating the name of the child on the State Services;
- The registry office or the MFC, on the basis of the received application for birth and an electronic medical document, forms a digital record of the birth civil status act in the unified state registry office;
- In the personal account of the mother of the child on the “Gosuslugi” notification of birth registration and information about the record of the birth certificate is received.
The mother of the child retains the opportunity not to issue an electronic medical document of birth, she will be provided with it on paper. You can also apply with it at the “State Services” or in person at the registry office or the MFC. Thus, citizens who are accustomed to using paper documents can exercise their right.
The first birth registration based on an electronic medical document took place in the Republic of Sakha (Yakutia). The first “digital” child in Russia was the boy Mark.