Scientific research shows that it is imperative to take the time of year into account when controlling blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. This is due to the fact that in the summertime the glucose level decreases, and in the wintertime it rises.
In winter, at the same time, the author notes, it will be useful for diabetics to include ten foods in their diet. They can help lower or maintain blood sugar levels.
- Boiled eggs… It is a hearty meal that does not raise blood glucose levels. Eggs also help conserve energy in winter.
- Walnut… These foods help you control both your sugar level and your body weight.
- Winter pumpkin… Research proves that pumpkin can help reduce blood glucose levels rapidly and is beneficial for critically ill diabetic patients.
- Ginger tea… Scientific research shows that ginger can significantly lower blood sugar levels.
- Cover… Allows you to maintain a normal level of glucose in the body, both healthy people and diabetics, and also reduces the likelihood of complications.