Tips and Tricks in Hindi: If you also make UPI payment and by mistake you have paid on wrong UPI ID, then how can you get your money back, let us know.
Notify UPI App support immediately
As per the guidelines of the Reserve Bank of India, the User should first report the matter to the Payment Service Provider. You have to report the issue by calling the customer care support of GPay, PhonePe, Paytm or UPI app. You can flag your issue and also ask for refund.
According to RBI guidelines, if you have transferred money to the wrong account through UPI ID, then you will have to inform the customer care support of the app (GPay, PhonePe, Paytm) through which you have made the payment. You can flag your issue and raise a refund request.
How to complain on NPCI Portal
If the customer care of the UPI app through which you have made the payment does not help you, then you will have to register a complaint by going to the NPCI portal.
- First of all, one has to go to the official site of NPCI.
- After this, after tapping on the What we do tab tab, you have to click on UPI.
- After this, choose the Dispute Redressal Mechanism option.
- In the complaint section, you will have to enter details related to the transaction such as UPI transaction ID, amount transferred, virtual payment address, mobile number, date of transaction and email ID.
- After this, you have to choose the reason behind completion, such as Incorrectly transferred to another account.
- After entering all the information you have to press submit to register your complaint.
contact the bank
If you do not get any solution for your complaint, then in such a situation, you should file a complaint with the payment service provider bank and the bank in which the money was transferred.