The Ministry of Digital Development, Telecommunications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation (Mintsifry of Russia) announced the start of accepting applications for a deferment from the army for IT specialists.
Applications can apply accredited IT companies until May 1, 2022. As the press service notes, after June 1, the draft board will begin to make decisions on the postponement. After the employee receives the subpoena, he must visit the draft board at the time specified in the subpoena to confirm the right to defer.
In order for an employee to be eligible for a deferment from the army, several conditions must be met:
- citizenship of the Russian Federation;
- age – from 18 to 27 years (born from 04/01/1995 to 07/15/2004);
- work under an employment contract;
- normal working hours;
- higher education in a specialty from the list of deferrals;
- the employee worked in accredited companies for at least 11 months between April 1, 2021 and April 1, 2022, or took a job within a year after graduation.