This was told to journalists by representatives of the Federal Antimonopoly Service. Unlike existing means of combating unwanted calls, the new solution will unite all databases of mobile operators, blocking suspicious numbers all over the country at once.
According to Izvestia , citing representatives of the FAS, a spam protection system will be launched in Russia in the near future. Already in the second quarter of this year, MTS, Megafon, Beeline and Tele2 subscribers will be able to file complaints about unwanted calls and SMS mailings through a special form on the operators’ websites. It is expected that spam numbers will be blocked by all project participants within 72 hours.
“To work more effectively to protect citizens from unwanted advertising, we need to work together with mobile operators. We have already agreed on how this service will work,” notes Karina Taukenova, Deputy Head of the FAS.
This information was confirmed to journalists by the press service of Beeline, who said that the launch of the new service could take place as early as June 1. Representatives of Tele2 also said that the company’s customers can still file complaints about spam now, without waiting for an additional solution. According to the antimonopoly department, MTS and Megafon also launched their own systems for protecting subscribers from spam last year.
According to the head of the Zecurion analytical center Vladimir Ulyanov, when developing a project, it is worth considering a system for checking such requests so as not to encounter abuse when blocking numbers. According to him, it is worth adding numbers to the black list of operators only after a certain number of requests from different clients. In addition, it is necessary to provide a mechanism for unlocking numbers.