Port Number: Mobile network has troubled you, get such port numbers (Photo: Freepik)
Every other day a mobile service provider like Airtel, Vodafone or Reliance Jio calls you asking if you want to port your number? In such a situation, some users are not interested in it because they do not have any problem with their old network. But there are some users who are facing network issues. In such a situation, you can switch to another network in which there is no network problem. Today we will tell you the process of this here, after which you can port your number in a jiffy.
You can avail the benefit of mobile number portability i.e. MNP service. It allows the subscribers to change their service provider without changing the mobile number. Using MNP service, Vi users can easily port their number to Airtel. For this you just have to send a message request to port Vi to Airtel.
Read also: Meta Layoff: This time round of layoffs in Facebook threatens 6 thousand jobs
Port mobile number from Vi to Airtel via SMS
- For this, first open the message app on your phone.
- After this start new conversation with USSD code 1900 number.
- Type ‘port’ space ‘mobile number’ in the message box and send the message. Keep in mind that PORT should be written in capital letters.
- A message will come with a UPC unique porting code for the porting request.
- On receiving the SMS with UPC, visit the nearest Airtel store.
- You will be asked for certain documents by the customer support executive at the store
- After the verification of the documents, you will have to make the payment for porting.
- After this, after the process is completed, the store executive will give you a new Airtel SIM card.
What are the documents required for porting?
- Aadhaar card, driving license, PAN card or voter ID can be given in the address proof.
- passport size photo
- Biometric details will also be required at the time of verification.