- After scanning the QR code, be sure to check the site and domain name.
- You do not need to download any app to pay by scanning the QR code.
- Let us tell you that most of the smartphones have a scanner in the camera app. If someone is asking to download an app to scan the QR code, then that should be avoided.
- You should not share your UPI ID or bank account information for payment with QR Code.
- Users should not use OTP to make payment through QR Code.
Do not accept payment like this Payment should not be accepted using QR Code. Because malicious code is sent by hackers in the name of QR Code based payment accept, who control your smartphone and then banking fraud is executed. note For online payment, QR code of authenticated payment platforms like Gpay, PhonePe and Paytm should always be accepted. Otherwise your bank account may get hacked.