Wednesday, February 1, 2023
HomeDigit NewsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 remains the most popular graphics card on Steam...

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 remains the most popular graphics card on Steam and even slightly increased its share

Released in July 2016 for $249, the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 graphics card remains the most popular among Steam users in February 2022 . According to the results of the last month, she even managed to win back some positions from other, more modern models.

The GeForce GTX 1060 video card showed the highest popularity in March 2018, when it managed to take a share of 13.62% among Steam users. Its position still remains strong, although the gap has narrowed somewhat – now the share on Steam is 7.99%. It is noteworthy that in comparison with January, its result has grown, although this may be a statistical error. Accelerators of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX/RTX xx60 series traditionally lead in the ratings of the gaming platform, which is clearly seen in the small selection below for the last year.

Image source:

Image source:

Download Link

Recall that the release of the GeForce RTX 3060 took place last February, so by August the video card had been on the market for six months. As seen in January and February 2022 results, the RTX 3060 is slowly but surely gaining share, but the GeForce RTX 2060 and GTX 1060 are showing the same trend, although this again may be due to the peculiarities of the processing of statistical data – Valve traditionally does not provide any details.

Image source:

Image source:

The popularity of the GeForce GTX 1060 may be due to a whole yard of factors: they are bought by game clubs, and with the current state of affairs in the GPU market, many users are in no hurry to update the configuration of their computers. The model is also popular in the secondary market: it has, perhaps, the best value for money – at a relatively low cost, it can still be considered relevant. The trend with the growing share of the mobile version of the GeForce RTX 3060 is also curious: it can be assumed that due to the shortage of desktop video cards, many gamers decided to switch to laptops. At the end of February, 1.92% of Steam users chose the desktop version of the GeForce RTX 3060, and 2.35% preferred the mobile version.

Of other indicators, it is worth noting that the most popular amount of RAM is 16 GB (50%), in second place are configurations with 8 GB of memory (25%). In addition, Windows 11 demonstrates stable growth: over the past month, the new OS gained more than 2% and reached a share of 15.59%, while Windows 10 simultaneously lost the same 2% and stopped at 75.89%. But there are absolutely no changes in terms of the CPU: Intel, like months earlier, occupies 68.9% in Steam statistics, while AMD accounts for the remaining 31.1%. 


Features of 20 thousand phones will be available for 6 thousand rupees, strong sale on realme C30

Features of 20 thousand phones will be available for 6 thousand...

New Delhi. If you are planning to buy Smartphone then this can be the perfect time for you. Because the bumper sale has started...
- Advertisment -


Two Wheeler

Digit News