Mukesh Ambani and Gautam Adani
Last week, two companies were discussed the most. First of all let’s talk about HDFC. Whose quarterly results disappointed and the stock market also reacted tremendously. Shares of HDFC Bank fell by 12 percent during this period and the market cap reduced by more than Rs 1 lakh crore. The stock market did not face a bigger setback than HDFC Bank this entire week. On the other hand, LIC sprinkled some relief on the market. And the shares of the country’s largest insurance company continued to rise throughout the week. The special thing is that in a week there was an increase of more than Rs 65 thousand crore in the market cap of the company. It also became the largest government company of the country by pushing SBI behind.
However, the market cap of five of the top 10 Sensex companies collectively declined by Rs 1,67,936.21 crore last week. HDFC Bank suffered the most loss. On the other hand, there was a combined increase of more than Rs 1.14 lakh crore in the market cap of five companies. In which LIC has benefited the most. This increase is also not less in this declining week.
Last week, the 30-share BSE Sensex fell by 1,144.8 points or 1.57 percent. Normal trading sessions were organized on NSE and BSE on Saturday, January 20. In the week under review, the market cap of Reliance Industries, Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), HDFC Bank, Hindustan Unilever and State Bank of India (SBI) declined. While ICICI Bank, Infosys, Bharti Airtel, Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC) and ITC An increase was seen in the valuation.
Decline in market cap of these companies
- During the week, the market valuation of HDFC Bank declined by Rs 1,22,163.07 crore to Rs 11,22,662.76 crore. HDFC Bank’s shares fell for the third consecutive day on Friday. The bank’s shares fell 12 percent during this period. The bank’s December quarter results were not as per market expectations, due to which its stock came down.
- If we talk about Reliance Reliance Industries, then there was a decline of Rs 18,199.35 crore in the market cap and the valuation remained at Rs 18,35,665.82 crore.
- The market cap of Hindustan Unilever has declined by Rs 17,845.15 crore to Rs 5,80,184.57 crore.
- The country’s largest IT company TCS suffered a loss of Rs 7,720.6 crore and the market cap came down to Rs 14,12,613.37 crore.
- The market capitalization of the country’s largest lender State Bank of India (SBI) declined by Rs 2,008.04 crore to Rs 5,63,589.24 crore.
These companies benefited
- On the other hand, the valuation of LIC, the country’s largest insurance company, increased by Rs 67,456.1 crore and the total market cap reached Rs 5,92,019.78 crore. LIC on Wednesday became the country’s largest government company in terms of market cap, leaving behind SBI.
- Bharti Airtel saw an increase of Rs 26,380.94 crore during the week and the market cap came to Rs 6,31,679.96 crore.
- The market value of Infosys, one of the country’s largest IT companies, increased by Rs 15,170.75 crore to Rs 6,84,305.90 crore.
- On the other hand, the mcap of ICICI Bank, the country’s second largest private lender, saw a jump of Rs 3,163.72 crore and the valuation came to Rs 7,07,373.79 crore.
- The valuation of ITC, one of the country’s largest FMCG companies, increased by Rs 2,058.48 crore to Rs 5,84,170.38 crore.
- This means that the market cap of these five companies of the country has seen a combined increase of Rs 1,14,229.99 crore.