For those with higher frame rates, 4K 120p is also available for greater filmmaking flexibility. Quality can be upscaled to 8.3K/60p (in N-RAW only) or 8K UHD/30p. The company said that the Nikon Z8 can record up to 125 minutes in 4K UHD/60p and up to 90 minutes in 8K UHD/30p.
Nikon Z8 comes with pre-release capture function. Using High-Speed Frame Capture+, users can record up to 1 second before the shutter button is fully pressed, or up to 4 seconds after the button is fully pressed. The camera’s autofocusing automatically detects approximately 3% of the size of the human face in the frame. Subject detection also works in 3D-tracking, auto-area autofocus (AF), or 20 types of custom wide-area AF (12 types in video).
Main features of Nikon Z8:
- Nikon Z 8 brings new features such as HLG (HEIF) format for 10 bit still images and pre-capture release mode.
- High Performance Auto Focus, AI Algorithm with 24bit Pro Audio Quality
- In-Camera 8K Video
- The Nikon Z 8 weighs 910g and is 30 percent smaller than the Nikon Z 9 and 15 percent smaller than the D850.
- The Z 8 can record for up to 125 minutes in 4K UHD/60p2 and up to 90 minutes in 8K UHD/30p3.
- High-resolution zoom delivers an angle of view as wide as 2x the focal length. This is also possible with 4K UHD (30p/25p/24p) and Full HD video recording in full frame and with prime lenses.