Withings has announced the launch of its ScanWatch hybrid smartwatch in the US, which is said to be the most advanced wearable health tracking device to date.
The smartwatch will help users lead a healthy lifestyle, monitor their heart rate, take the most accurate electrocardiogram, check the level of oxygen in the blood (SpO2), track sleep and physical activity.
ScanWatch has been cleared by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to record ECG and SpO2 measurements. Designed by cardiologists and sleep experts, the ScanWatch has undergone two clinical studies and features a stainless steel case and a robust sapphire dial that combines both analog hands and a digital display.
Watch features include:
- Clinically validated ECG determination of atrial fibrillation
- Heart rate scan every 10 minutes using PPG sensor
- Clinically proven SpO2 measurement
- Automatic activity tracking (walking, running, swimming, distance and calories burned)
- Training mode with 30 activities (measuring distance, pace and altitude)
- Fitness Assessment with VO2 Max
- Sleep monitoring (duration, quality, sleep phases)
- Smartphone notifications
- Water resistant up to 5 ATM
- Up to 30 days of battery life
ScanWatch has won three CES Innovation Awards. The watch is priced at $ 279 and $ 299 for the 38 and 42 mm versions.