If you want to take advantage of cheap and good plans of any other telecom operator , then you can easily do so. For this you do not need to change your mobile number . Users just have to port their mobile number. The process of getting a SIM port is very easy. You can request for SIM porting from the comfort of your home. If you are troubled by your existing telecom operator, then you can port your SIM by following the steps mentioned here.
How to do mobile number portability? (How to Port Mobile Number?)
What is mobile number portability?
By doing SIM port, the user will not have to change his mobile number . They will be able to change the telecom operator without changing it. Please note that there is no limit to the SIM port. You can port the SIM as many times as you want. For this you have to follow the steps given below.
Know how to use it
- You have to send SMS to 1900 from your existing mobile number to get the SIM ported.
- For example, you can write PORT mobile number and send it to 1900.
- After this a unit porting code will come on your number. It will be valid for 15 days.
- Then go to your nearest retail store and ask them to port the SIM.
- Keep in mind that you should carry passport size photograph and self attested copy of identity proof. As address proof, you can submit a copy of the rent agreement, landline bill, electricity bill or three months bank statement.
- If you are a postpaid subscriber then you have to submit a copy of the bill.
- After completing the document verification, the existing SIM will be switched off and a new SIM will be given. This process may take up to a week. In this way your number will be ported easily.