Market Outlook for this Week: This week the trend of Global Factors and Foreign Institutional Investors (FII) will decide the direction of domestic market sentiments. Apart from this, there may be volatility in the domestic markets due to monthly derivatives expiry. Analysts have expressed this opinion. Santosh Meena, Research Head, Swastika Investmart said that in the last few sessions, there is a lot of volatility in the domestic markets. However, after a series of 5 weeks of decline in Nifty, there has been a good weekly gain of 3 percent. Last week, the 30-share BSE Sensex rose 1,532.77 points or 2.90 per cent. On the other hand, NSE’s Nifty remained in profit of 484 points or 3.06 percent.
What do experts say
- Meena further said, “Inflation and slowdown in the global economy is a matter of concern for the markets around the world. Because of this FIIs are selling. However, the Indian market is in a better position due to the support of domestic investors.
- He further said, on the global front, the details of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting will be released on May 25, which will be very important from the market point of view. Apart from this, the trend of the dollar index and the prices of commodities will also play an important role in giving direction to the market.
- Yesha Shah, Head Equity Research, Samco Securities said, “The market was volatile last week. This trend is likely to continue this week due to macroeconomic data, current quarterly earnings season and derivatives settlement.
- Shah said the details of the FOMC meeting, US GDP estimates and unemployment figures will affect global market sentiments.
- Siddharth Khemka, Head of Retail Research, Motilal Oswal Financial Services said, “Overall we believe that the market will remain volatile this week as well. On a macro level, many things like high inflation and aggressive interest rate hike will affect the market.
Quarterly results of these companies will come
The quarterly results of SAIL, Zomato, Adani Ports, Deepak Fertilizers, InterGlobe Aviation, Hindalco, NMDC, GAIL and Godrej Industries will come during the week. Ajit Mishra, Vice President Research, Religare Broking said that going forward, the global trend, the final phase of the quarterly results and the Russia-Ukraine war will affect the market direction. (Input-PTI)