Image credit source: Getty
WhatsApp Desktop Calling: Follow these steps to make free WhatsApp voice and video calls on your laptop or smartphone.
WhatsApp Desktop Calling: WhatsApp provides end-to-end encrypted video and voice calls to its users in Android iOS and web versions. Users can connect with their contacts across cities or countries through WhatsApp calls, which only require a stable internet connection. Now apart from your smartphones, you can also use it on your laptop. Whatsapp You can use the calling feature.
The WhatsApp call link feature allows group voice calling with up to 32 participants and group video calling with up to 8 participants. And much more with its calling feature. While Android and iOS users often prefer WhatsApp calls over cellular calls. WhatsApp web users are still a bit confused that how to use WhatsApp calling feature on their laptops. You can easily enjoy the WhatsApp call link feature by following these steps.
do whatsapp desktop calling like this
WhatsApp desktop calling feature is available only for WhatsApp app for web. The app supports these versions.
- Mac OS X 10.10 and higher
- Windows 10 and higher (64-bit version)
- Windows 10 and higher (32-bit version)
Install WhatsApp from your Microsoft Store or Mac App Store to make free WhatsApp voice and video calls. Apart from this, to make or accept calls on WhatsApp Desktop, you will need to connect an audio output device and microphone to your PC, as well as allow WhatsApp to access your computer’s microphone and camera.
Note that WhatsApp Web does not support group calls. So users can make voice or video call only with single user.
How to do video or voice calling on WhatsApp web
- Open the individual chat with whom you want to make a call.
- After this click on the video call or voice icon.
- You can also mute or unmute your microphone during a call by clicking the microphone icon or start or stop your camera by clicking the camera icon.
How to switch between voice and video calls on WhatsApp Web
During a voice call, you can request your contact to switch to video call or accept receipt OK or cancel to switch or decline the call, and accept the calling mode switch by clicking on it. Follow these steps to switch the call to video call.
- Hover your mouse over the camera icon during a call.
- After this click on the camera icon.
- If your contact accepts the switch request, your ongoing voice call will be converted to a video call.