Friends, once in every 5 years, the general public elects the MLA by giving its majority, who later becomes the Chief Minister of the state. In such a situation, you must want to know how many MLAs are there in a district. Let us tell you that MLAs are not made according to the district, MLAs are made from a particular area. Now stay with us in this article to know what that particular area could be.
Today, through this article, we will tell you who are MLAs, what is the work of MLA, how to become an MLA and how to become an MLA. To get all this information well and in detail, you will have to read this article till the end.
What’s in this post?
Who is an MLA?
Legislators are the representatives elected by the general public who sit in the Legislative Council and tell everyone about the problems of their area. So that their area should be developed by the Chief Minister and the problems being faced by the people of their area should be resolved.
When the government is elected in a state, the MLA plays a very important role in it. The party which has the maximum number of MLAs is given the government of the state. Along with this, only the MLAs elect the Chief Minister by voting. MLA is also called MLA in English. Whose full form is Member Of Legislative Assembly.
What is the work of MLA?
Let us tell you below what is the work of the MLA.
- Seeing the increasing riots etc. in their area, MLAs can pass new laws or they can also make changes in the already made laws after proper discussion.
- Any MLA keeps a close watch on all the activities happening in his area and solves the problems of the people of his area easily.
- The work of the legislator is also to keep an eye on the executive.
- In a particular area, the responsibility of the state fund is also given to the MLA.
- The MLA has a very important role in choosing the Chief Minister.
- The most important job of the legislator is to make a new law by looking at the immediate reasons.
- The MLA’s job is to keep an eye on all the work that is done by the government employees in his area.
How many MLAs are there in a district?
If you want to know how many MLAs are there in 1 district, then let us tell you that the MLA is not elected according to the district. There can be two MLAs in any district or less than 1 MLA in any district. It may also happen that 2 districts have 1 MLA.
That is to say, the MLA’s Election It is not done according to the district. In a particular area, the MLA is elected who takes care of that particular area. The MLA’s area can also be by combining two districts.
Eligibility to become MLA
Let us tell you in the below listed manner that what are the eligibility criteria required to become an MLA.
- The person who wants to become MLA must be a native of India only then he can contest election to become MLA.
- Candidates to become MLA should not hold any government post.
- The age of the candidate should be more than 25 years only then he will be allowed to contest the election.
- Candidates who want to become MLA should have good mental condition.
- There should not be any case in any court against the candidate who becomes MLA.
- The person who wants to become an MLA should not have any bad habit of any kind.
- Candidate to become MLA should not have any previous criminal record.
How to become an MLA?
Now if you want to become an MLA, then let us explain below in detail how you can become an MLA.
- If a person wants to become an MLA, first of all he has to join a party. If a person does not want to contest elections by joining any party, then he can contest elections alone.
- After this, the candidate who becomes an MLA will have to gain some popularity so that more and more people can know about him and when elections are held, he can get more and more votes.
- To gain popularity, MLA candidates can do social service and increase their popularity quickly.
- After doing this, you have to talk to the main leader of your party and get a ticket in a particular area. You cannot contest elections unless you get your party’s ticket.
- When you get the ticket by the party then you can easily contest the election and if you win the election then you can become the MLA of the area from which you have contested.
What is the minimum age limit to become an MLA?
To become an MLA, the minimum age of any person should be 25 years.
What is the work of MLA?
The work of the MLA of any area is to take care of the area and in view of the increasing crime in that area, the MLA can pass any law or can also make changes in the already made law.
Today, through this article, we have given you detailed information about how many MLAs are there in a district. If you have understood all this information well, then you can share it with your friends as well as on your social media network. To ask any kind of question related to this article, you can comment in our comment box.