As expected, Venus Optics introduced 85mm F5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO lens, first pictured which appeared the day before. According to the manufacturer, it is the world’s smallest double macro lens for full-frame mirrorless cameras. Its diameter is 53 mm and its length is 81 mm. An important feature of the lens can be considered internal focusing, due to which the length of the lens does not change when focusing. Another advantage is the apochromatic optical design, which minimizes chromatic distortion.
Specifications of the lens Laowa 85mm F5.6 2x Ultra Macro APO:
- focal length – 85 mm;
- angle of view – 28.55 °;
- aperture – f / 5.6-f / 22;
- lens construction – 13 elements in 9 groups, including 3 ED elements;
- the number of aperture blades – 7;
- minimum focusing distance – 16.3 cm;
- the maximum magnification is 2: 1;
- filter installation diameter – 46 mm;
- diameter – 53 mm;
- length – 81 mm (Sony E);
- weight with covers and hood – 310 g (Canon RF), 314 g (Nikon Z), 291 (Sony E), 289 g (Leica M).
The lens is already available to order. The Canon RF, Nikon Z, and Sony E mount options each cost $ 449, while the Leica M mount option costs $ 499. Deliveries are due to start in December.