New Delhi: Indian Railways Ticket 5 Digit Number: If you travel by train then this news is very useful for you. You might not have noticed till now the 5 digit number present on the train ticket. This 5 digit number present in the ticket gives you many big information. This train number tells you where you are going and where you are coming from. This number also tells the status and category of your train. Let us tell where so much information is hidden in only 5 digit number.
What is the meaning of this 5 digit number
It is worth noting that every train has its own special number, which is its identity. These digits can range from 0 to 9. Let us know about these five digit numbers.
What does the digit mean?
The first digit (0-9) in 5 digits has different meanings.
0 means that this train is a special train. (Summer Special, Holiday Special or other Special)
Digits from 1 to 4 mean
– If the first digit is 1 i.e. this train goes for a long distance. Also, this train will be Rajdhani, Shatabdi, Jan Saadhar, Sampark Kranti, Garib Rath, Duronto.
– The first digit is 2 i.e. this train is long distance. 1-2 digit trains of both come in the same class.
– If the first digit is 3 then this train is Kolkata Sub Urban Train.
– If the first digit is 4 then it is a sub urban train of New Delhi, Chennai, Secunderabad and other metro cities.
Meaning of digits from 5 to 9
– If the first digit is 5 then it is a passenger train.
If the first digit is 6 then it is MEMU train.
If the first digit is 7 then it is DEMU train.
If the first digit is 8 then it is a reserved train.
– If the first digit is 9 then it is Mumbai’s sub urban train.
second and subsequent digit
Let us tell you that in this the second and subsequent digit are the same as the first digit. For example, if the first letter of a train starts with 0, 1 and 2, then the remaining four letters represent the railway zone and division. This is according to the 2011 4-digit scheme. Let’s know their numbers.
0- Konkan Railway
1- Central Railway, West-Central Railway, North Central Railway
2- Shows Superfast, Shatabdi, Jan Shatabdi. The next digits of these trains indicate the zone code.
3- Eastern Railway and East Central Railway
4- Northern Railway, North Central Railway, North Western Railway
5- National Eastern Railway, North East Frontier Railway
6- Southern Railway and Southern Western Railway
7- Southern Central Railway and Southern Western Railway
8- Southern Eastern Railway and East Coastal Railway
9- Western Railway, North Western Railway and Western Central Railway
Along with this, let us tell you that the second digit of the train whose first digit is one of 5,6,7 shows the zone and the rest of the digits Indicates their division code. That is, this number is of great use to you.