Fixed Deposit Tips: Financial experts often recommend that one should invest at the beginning of the financial year to save tax. This enables you to invest properly and reduces the chances of making a mistake in a hurry. Many people do not like risky options while investing. In such a situation, if you are planning to invest for safe and better returns, then the Fixed Deposit Scheme is a great option.
On investing in this scheme, you get a rebate of up to Rs 1.5 lakh. This exemption is available under Section 80C of Income Tax, but, do you know about other benefits of Fixed Deposit Scheme. So let us tell you about it-
Benefits of investing in fixed deposit scheme-
1. Many banks offer health insurance benefits to their customers by investing in fixed deposit schemes. ICICI Bank, DCB Bank and HDFC Bank offer health insurance benefits to their customers.
2. Most of the banks also issue credit cards to their customers against the amount deposited. This limit remains around 80 to 85 percent. Explain that the benefit of credit card is also available to people with no credit history.
3. You do not have any shortage of liquidity by investing in FDs. If you need money in an emergency, then in such a situation you can break the FD and withdraw money immediately.
4. You also get the benefit of tax saving by investing in this scheme. By investing in this scheme, you will get exemption under section 80C of Income Tax. This exemption is available on FD of 5 years.
5. You get guaranteed returns by investing in FDs. It stays away from market risks. Along with this, if the bank defaults after depositing the money, then in such a situation at least the investors get a return of 5 lakhs.
6. If you have invested money in the FD scheme in your bank, then in such a situation you can easily get a loan from that bank. These people get up to 90 percent of the total deposit amount. But, keep in mind that its interest rate is 1 to 2 percent more than the interest rate available on FD.