With the release of Windows 11, changing the default Edge browser to another is much more difficult than it used to be. First of all, because in the settings it is now necessary to select the default browser for each of the extensions (html, .htm, http, etc.) separately. However, even in this case, the system will launch Edge when opening links. You can fix this problem using the method described below.
Change Windows 11 default browser in settings
- Go to the default app settings menu… The easiest way to do this is to search for “Default Applications” and select the topmost result. You can also go to the menu through “Settings” -> “Applications” -> “Default applications”.
- Scroll down and select the browser you want to set as default.
- Scroll down to HTTPS… Then click on the name of the current default browser.
- Select the required browser in the window… Click OK.
- Do steps 3 and 4 again for .htm and .html.