HDFC Bank Results: Standalone profit of HDFC Bank, the country’s largest bank in the private sector, jumped 22.8 percent in the last quarter of the last financial year, January-March 2022.
HDFC Bank Results: The standalone profit of HDFC Bank, the country’s largest bank in the private sector, jumped 22.8 percent in the last quarter of the last financial year 2021-22 in January-March 2022. With this jump, the profit of the bank increased to Rs 10,055.2 crore in the March 2022 quarter. In its previous financial year 2020-21, the bank had a profit of Rs 8,186.50 crore in the same quarter. The bank has given this information in its regulatory filing. According to the filing, after paying tax of Rs 2,989.5 crore in the March 2022 quarter, the bank had a net profit of about Rs 10 thousand crore.
HDFC Bank Q4 standalone results details
- In January-March 2022, the bank posted a net profit of Rs 10,055.2 crore, up 22.8 per cent year-on-year.
- The total income of the bank was Rs 41,085.78 crore as against Rs 38,017.50 crore in the same quarter last year.
- Net revenue (net interest income and other income) also increased by 7.3 per cent to Rs 26,509.80 crore as compared to net revenue of Rs 24,714.10 crore in January-March 2021 in the same quarter last year.
- In terms of asset quality, the bank’s gross non-performing assets (GNPAs) accounted for 1.17 per cent of gross advances in the March 2022 quarter as against 1.26 per cent in the previous quarter.
- Net NPAs (Bad Loans) stood at 0.32 per cent instead of 0.40 per cent of Net Advances.
Decision on dividend will be taken on April 23
HDFC Bank has informed the stock exchanges that the meeting of the directors of the bank will be held next week on Saturday, April 23. In this meeting, the proposal for recommendation of dividend on equity shares of the bank for the financial year 2021-22 will be considered.