Online shopping craze is more nowadays
People try to read reviews before buying a product
In such a situation, companies also started getting fake reviews.
new Delhi. BIS’s new guidelines to check fake reviews are effective from 25 November. With this, e-commerce companies have to ensure that online reviews and ratings on their products are genuine. According to the new rules, the customers who will review the product will have to first accept the terms and conditions by giving contact details.
In fact, in November last month, the Union Minister of State for Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution, Ashwini Kumar Choubey, in a written reply to a question in the Lok Sabha, said that the Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) has warned consumer interests against fake and misleading reviews in e-commerce. has notified framework on ‘Online Consumer Reviews’ for the safety and security of These standards apply to every online platform that publishes consumer reviews. The principles of this standard are integrity, accuracy, confidentiality, security, transparency, accessibility and accountability.
In this standard, whether the person writing the review is genuine or not and several methods have been described to confirm the identity of the review author.
Let us know these methods-
– Try to verify the e-mail by sending one or more e-mails and wait for the reply.
Verify the domain name and email address extension of the review author.
– Send an e-mail asking the review author to confirm the registration.
– Verify on telephone call or SMS.
Identity verification through single sign-on (SSO).
– Verification of identity through geolocation or IP address.
– Verification through email address on single user.
Verification through captcha system.
– Verification by Review Administrator.
– Verification by a website protecting program.