The Ministry of Digital Development, Telecommunications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation (Mintsifry of Russia) announced good news for car owners.
Last week, Russia launched the ability to show traffic police officers an electronic driver’s license in the Auto State Services application. Now electronic rights have become available in the mini-application “Gosuslugi Avto” in the social network “VKontakte”.
It is noted that the Gosuslug team launched a test version of the Auto mini-application on the social network. To apply to a traffic police officer, you will need:
- Log in to the VKontakte application.
- In the “Services” tab, open the “Public Services” mini-application.
- Select the “Auto” section.
- Log in through the “Gosuslugi”. The transition to the portal and back will happen automatically.
- Information about the car will appear in the application, the data of the STS and the driver’s license will be loaded. They can be used at any time directly from the social network.
In the new mini-application, most of the functions of the “Gosuslug Avto” work, including the electronic STS, the ability to transfer the right to drive a vehicle to another driver or revoke them, and so on.
Electronic rights and STS will be generated in the form of a QR code, which the traffic police officer considers a special device. The rights are displayed as 3 successive QR codes, for correct recognition, the inspector must scan them all. The service is currently in trial operation. The inspector has the right to ask for the original driver’s license and STS.