Monday, February 26, 2024

Donald Trump disqualified: Donald Trump disqualified from running for president again, US Supreme Court ruled

-3 Advertisement -

Donald Trump disqualified: The Supreme Court of the US state of Colorado has admitted that Donald Trump is mainly guilty for the attack on the US Parliament on January 6, 2021.

Donald Trump disqualified from presidency over 6 January 2021 attack on US Capitol: Former US President Donald Trump has been disqualified from contesting the next presidential election. This decision against him has been given by the Supreme Court of the US state of Colorado. The state’s highest court has ruled that former President Donald Trump had a key role in the attack on the US Capitol on January 6, 2021. That is why he cannot be allowed to contest the next presidential election. The US court has ordered the state’s Republican Party in its decision to remove Trump’s name from the list of candidates for the presidential primary. However, Trump’s team has expressed its intention to challenge the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision as wrong and the US Supreme Court.

Such an order came for the first time in America

This is the first time in the US that a court has disqualified a candidate in a presidential election on the basis of the 14th Amendment. The decision to disqualify the 77-year-old former president from contesting the next presidential election is based on the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, which states that officials who take oath of the US Constitution will no longer be eligible to hold any constitutional office if they engage in a rebellion against the constitutional system of the country. Trump is currently leading the nomination process for the Republican Party’s candidates for next year’s presidential election.

District court decision amended

In its ruling, the Colorado Supreme Court upheld a district court ruling that convicted Trump of inciting the January 6, 2021, attack on the US Capitol. But the Supreme Court overturned the district court’s decision in which it said that the ban stated in the 14th Amendment of the Constitution does not apply to the presidential election. The Colorado Supreme Court’s decision is historic because for the first time in the US, a court has disqualified a candidate from running for president, CBS News reported.

Trump has been provoking his supporters for months: Court

According to ABC News, the Colorado Supreme Court has also dismissed the appeals filed on 11 issues on behalf of Trump in its ruling. The court has ruled that Trump’s actions, including his January 6 speech outside the White House, cannot be considered as an exercise of the right to free speech enshrined in the US Constitution. The court wrote in its decision that Trump had been openly inciting his supporters to storm the US Parliament House for several months. The court wrote that there is no doubt that Trump was falsely calling the results of the US election a fraud and was provoking people to reach the Parliament House in order to stop it. Not only that, the evidence also shows that President Trump took all these steps to succeed an unlawful purpose that he himself had initiated and furthered. This unlawful purpose was to prevent the US Congress from ratifying the results of the 2020 presidential election and thereby preventing the peaceful transfer of power.

Opportunity to appeal against the verdict by January 4

The Colorado Supreme Court has blocked the execution of its order until January 4 to give Trump’s team a chance to appeal against the decision. A day later, on January 5, the names of candidates for Colorado’s primary election are to be confirmed. The ruling by Colorado’s Supreme Court will not apply outside the state. A spokesman for Trump has said that the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision will be appealed. According to US media reports, Trump’s spokesman Steven Sheung said in a statement, “The Colorado Supreme Court has made the wrong decision… We sincerely hope that the US Supreme Court will soon rule in our favor and finally the lawsuits filed against them will be stayed.

I did nothing wrong during Parliament attack: Trump

Despite being found guilty in court, Donald Trump is still saying that he did nothing wrong in the incident of attack on the US Parliament on 6 January 2021. He has alleged that all the cases filed against him under the 14th Amendment are an abuse of the process of law. Under the 14th Amendment of the US Constitution, cases have been filed against Trump in many places in the US. Trump claims that all these lawsuits are baseless and undemocratic. Meanwhile, members of President Joe Biden’s campaign declined to comment on the latest Colorado Supreme Court ruling.

-4 Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Latest article