Credit Card Tips: Quickly put these three big things in case of credit card theft Photo: (Getty/ Unsplash)
Credit Card Tips: If you lose your credit card. If it is stolen or misused, then you have to always follow these three things. If you ignore these things, then you may also have to face heavy losses. In such a situation, first of all you need to block your card by speaking to the bank or block it yourself by going to the online bank’s app. With this no thief will be able to withdraw money from your account.
ask bank to block credit card
Once you come to know that your credit card has been stolen or misused, you should immediately call your bank and inform them about the loss of your credit card. After this the bank will block your card, after which no one will be able to transact money with your credit card. If you do not want to follow the process of calling the customer care executive to block your credit card, then you can login to your net banking portal, here you will get the option to block the credit card. Once you block your credit card, you can apply for another credit card as well. Normally it may take up to 7-14 days for the new credit card to arrive.
lodge an FIR
After informing the bank about the credit card being stolen, go to the nearest police station and file an FIR with the police regarding the loss of your credit card. In such a situation, if any wrongdoing is done with your credit card, then you will not be held responsible for it. The FIR also acts as a legal proof of your credit card being lost or stolen and also helps in applying for another credit card.
Apply for another credit card like this
After following both the process given above, you can apply for another credit card, for this you have to follow this easy process.
- For this, click on the option of apply credit card in the online banking app.
- After this check your credit card score.
- After this check the eligibility criteria, in this you should be above 21 years of age, have a permanent address in India, income should be above Rs 25,000 and accept all the terms and conditions of the bank.
- After this select the suitable credit card for you.
- Submit your documents here- Identity proof, income proof, pay slip and bank statement are included. You can also provide driving license, Aadhaar card and voter ID for identity proof.
- After this submit your application here. Note that it may take up to 7 to 14 days for the new credit card to arrive.