Cosina introduced the Voigtlander Nokton 50mm F1 Aspherical VM mount, which was announced earlier this year. This is the fastest full-frame Voigtlander lens ever produced by Cosina.
Voigtlander Nokton 50mm F1 Aspherical Lens Specifications:
- focal length – 50 mm;
- field of view angle – 47.8º;
- aperture – f / 1.0 – f / 16;
- the number of aperture blades – 12;
- optical design – nine elements in seven groups, including an aspherical element;
- minimum focusing distance – 0.9 m;
- filter installation diameter – 62 mm;
- diameter – 73.6 mm;
- length – 55.0 mm;
- weight – 484 g.
The manual focusing mechanism uses an all-metal helicoidal design, made, according to Cosina, using “high quality lubricant that ensures smooth focusing.” The lens is designed to work with rangefinder cameras of the Leica M system, but with adapters it can also be used with modern mirrorless cameras.
The lens is expected to go on sale in January 2022 for a suggested retail price of around $ 1,980. A lens hood is included in the package.