Now even children have become addicted to mobile. Even while eating food, he has a mobile in his hand. Online studies are going on in many places since the lockdown and children use phones to call elders of the house for studies. Often parents are afraid that the child should not open any objectionable or sensitive content on the phone. While companies like Netflix and Google are working on keeping sensitive content away from children, you can be more assured by setting up parental controls. YouTube and Netflix are some of the platforms on which kids spend most of their time.
Here are some quick steps that can be followed to set up parental controls on YouTube and Netflix:
How to set up Parental Controls on YouTube:
1. Open the YouTube app on your device
2. Tap on the profile photo in the top right corner of the app
3. Go to Settings -> General
4. Scroll down and toggle on the toggle in front of the “Restricted Mode” option
Note- This mode will ban adult content for the user. However, YouTube states that “no filter is 100%”. Also, setting this mode will be available only for that particular device.
How to set up parental controls on Netflix:
1. Open your Netflix account’s account settings on a web browser
2. Tap on the specific profile for which you want to set restrictions
3. Open the ‘Viewing Restrictions’ section
4. Click the age group slider 5. Tap
on “Save” button
Users can go back to the same section to remove these restrictions. Pin your child’s account to prevent them from using adult profiles. Here’s how you can set up the PIN:
How to set a password on a Netflix profile:
1. Open a Netflix account on your device and tap “Account”
2. Settings -> Parental Controls
3. Enter “Netflix Account Password” and tap “Continue”
4. New PIN Enter
5. Select the PIN protection level from the following options: Younger Children – (All), Older Children (7+), Teenagers (13+) and Adults (16+, 18+)
6. Once the process is complete, Select “Save”
This method can be useful for parents who want to restrict their kids from playing games on Netflix as they are only available on adult profiles right now. Netflix games are now available for both Android and iOS users.