Mumbai: Jeep India has announced the commencement of production of the 5th generation SUV Grand Cherokee at its manufacturing facility in Ranjangaon, Pune. The Grand Cherokee is Jeep’s fourth SUV to be made in India. The most respected SUV synonymous with its contemporary styling and unmatched capability, Jeep has become synonymous with luxury with the next generation of advanced driving technologies and luxurious and comfortable interiors that ensure a truly remarkable and engaging driving experience.
The 5th generation Grand Cherokee gets a complete revamp of its architecture as well as aerodynamic body styling to improve mechanical efficiency, safety and reliability. It has been designed to maximize the overall safety, comfort and convenience of the passengers. The new Grand Cherokee is equipped with next generation features and technologies and these features make it stand out in the full size luxury SUV segment.
At the start of the production ceremony, Nipun J.J., Head of Jeep Brand India. Mahajan said, “The all-new Grand Cherokee promises an exceptional experience for the driver as well as the passengers. Jeep Grand Cherokee has been developed keeping in mind the needs of all. Its superb capabilities, class-leading spaciousness and excellent safety, make this 5th generation model a global icon in the luxury SUV segment. With Grand Cherokee, we promise to provide our customers with the perfect partner to suit their premium and exemplary lifestyle needs.”
The new luxury SUV Grand Cherokee is inspired by its legacy from the previous generations. As we know this segment was established 30 years back. Thankfully, the all-new Jeep Grand Cherokee comes equipped with its modern and new-age design, brand new interiors and a host of premium and lifestyle features.
Here are the features
• Full suite – Advanced Driving Assistance System (ADAS) with full-speed forward collision warning plus pedestrian emergency braking, adaptive cruise control with stop and go, blind spot and cross path detection, passive pedestrian protection, drowsy driver detection, management system, There are features like Intersection Collision Assist System and Active Lane.
• Active noise control system
• 3 point seat belt and occupant detection for all 5 passengers
• Multiple options to customize the user experience
• Complete connectivity package with remote function
• 24×7 dedicated assistance
• Interior front panel featuring slim HVAC vents, a re-aligned center stack with comfortable entry for improved driver accessibility and 10″ heads up display, 10.1-inch (25.6-cm) touchscreen radio, 10.25-inch (26-inch) -cm) instrument cluster panel as well as a segment-first available 10.25-inch (26-cm) front passenger interactive display
• Offered in premium Capri leather with perforated inserts on all 5 seats
• The Grand Cherokee has a low, tempered roof, which improves its aerodynamics performance and efficiency without compromising on its cargo space and utility
• Vehicle surround glass with lower beltline and large panoramic sunroof allows more light into the cabin and freedom to see outside
One of the notable features of the 5th generation Jeep Grand Cherokee is the Quadra-Trac I 4×4 system, which coupled with the Selec-Terrain Traction Management System, chooses between on- and off-road settings to ensure optimum 4×4 performance. provides. The All New Grand Cherokee with its combination of sophistication, advanced technologies, elegance, powerful performance allows the freedom to be known in a variety of terrains.
booking is now open
Bookings for the new Jeep Grand Cherokee have now started on the Jeep India website ((jeep-india.com)) and at select Jeep dealerships across the country. The SUV will be on display in showrooms soon, while deliveries will begin by the end of this month.