These apps trick people into buying lottery tickets online. Cybercriminals use referral links through these apps. To prove themselves right, they call themselves government bodies. Also create fake ads from accounts with 200K+ followers on some major social media platforms. They buy domains that act as payment gateways. Also allows hackers to accept payments from major UPI apps. These apps are: Upibank.com, Upibank.in, indiacashpayment.com, Ybbpay.net and Sliderummy.in.
How does cheating happen:
How to Avoid:
- Never download apps from untrusted sources. Such apps can be fraud.
- Do not download apps from any third party source other than Google Play Store.
- Unless you know what the app works or what it is useful for, do not download it. This could be a scam.
- Do not click on any link. Because many times the app is downloaded to your device as soon as you click on the link. Such apps contain malware and can steal your money.
- The fake lottery apps that we have told you above, if you get any such message or something to download, then ignore it and delete it immediately.