New Delhi: There are certain telecom companies in India that provide services to the users. It is mainly a government company BSNL And private companies Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea. So SIM card You have to choose one of these when shopping. However, often you do not like the service of a company. In that case we change the number by buying another company’s SIM card. However, you can easily hire another company without changing the number. All you have to do is port your mobile number. The process of SIM porting is very simple. You can request for SIM port at home. If you are tired of the current telecom operator’s service, you can port the SIM by following the next steps.
Do it Mobile number portability
Users do not need to change the current number to port the mobile number. You can easily change the telecom operator. Also, there is no limit to SIM port. You can change the company any number of times. Learn how to do SIM port.
- You need to send an SMS to 1900 from your current mobile number to port the SIM.
- You have to write PORT mobile number and send it to 1900.
- You will then receive a unit porting code on your number, which will be valid for 15 days.
- Now go to the retail store of the company near you and inform that you want to port the SIM.
- You will need to provide along with photo, proof of identity, proof of address – rent agreement, landline bill, electricity bill.
- If you are a postpaid subscriber, you will need to submit a copy of the bill.
- Once the verification of documents is completed, your existing SIM will be switched off and a new SIM will be started. This process can take up to a week to complete. Some companies are also offering home delivery facilities. This way you can easily port the number.