Aadhaar KYC: Fraud cases related to Aadhaar numbers are constantly spreading their feet. The Unique Identification Authority of India has introduced a new system to curb such crime. With this help, you can get e-KYC done without giving Aadhaar number to any institution. All you need to do is submit the special file (XML) in zip format. Further, the institute itself will complete the KYC process by reading this file.
Under this new system, the KYC details of the customer are recorded in the XML file. It is digitally signed by the authority. The file can only be read through a special machine. E-KYC can be easily completed without revealing the Aadhaar number. For this, you have to download the XML file in zip format from the authority’s website.
Tampering detected in a pinch
According to the authority, ‘In this system, any tampering in the information of the base will be easily detected by the concerned agency. The KYC data is linked with the passcode provided by the Aadhaar number holder.
- For this, you must first go to the official website of Aadhaar (https//myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in).
- The next step is to enter the Aadhaar number.
- After this, you will have an OTP.
- Login using that OTP.
- On login, the dashboard of Aadhaar will open.
- Click on the offline e-KYC button on the dashboard.
- Now for Aadhaar paperless e-KYC, you have to enter a share code. Remember that this code will be useful for you even further to open this file. So do not delete it.
- Now click on download.
- On clicking, the zip file will be downloaded.
- Remember that its password will be your share code, which you entered while opening the website.
Do free Aadhaar update till 14 March 2024
You have time till March 14 next year to update through My Aadhaar portal without paying any fee. Know that the documents can be submitted online on the myAadhaar portal or by visiting any Aadhaar center.
For required document updates
- Ration Card,
- Voter ID card,
- A certificate of address issued by the government,
- Indian passport, it will be valid as both proof of identity and address.
Documents valid as proof of identity;
- PAN Card,
- Driving license
- School leaving certificate (TC) containing mark sheet or photograph of secondary or senior school,
- Government-issued identity card or proof
Only documents valid as proof of address;
- Electricity/Water/Gas Bill (last 3 months),
- Bank/Post Office Passbook,
- Rent/ Dog’s collar/ Leave and License Agreement.