When will Airtel, Jio, BSNL and Vodafone Idea roll out 5G in India?
- Indian Telecom Minister Ashwini Vaishnav has announced that more than 200 cities of India will get 5G facility in the coming 6 months.
- Airtel has already started 5G service in about 8 cities. The telecom company is aiming to make it available to all by March 2024. Reliance Jio, on the other hand, promises to bring 5G to every corner of India before Airtel.
- Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani has announced that Jio 5G will reach everyone by December 2023. Which means it will be done by the end of next year. The telecom operator has rolled out Jio 5G in select cities, but it is limited to select users. Jio 5G is available on an invite basis and the company will send it to the users. The telecom will provide users with speeds of up to 1Gbps.
- Vodafone Idea has just revealed that it is preparing to roll out 5G soon, but it hasn’t provided an exact launch date.
- The government-owned BSNL company is aiming to offer 5G to 80-90 percent of India’s population in about 2 years. The IT minister also said that BSNL will provide 5G service from August 15 next year.
Which cities will get 5G service first
- Reliance Jio has confirmed that 5G will be first available in four cities including Kolkata, Mumbai, Delhi and Varanasi by Diwali.
- Airtel is currently offering 5G in 8 cities namely Delhi, Mumbai, Varanasi, Bangalore, Gurugram, Chennai and few others.
- Vodafone Idea and BSNL have not yet given information on this.
How much will the 5G plan cost in India
The Prime Minister also indicated by saying, “Earlier, the cost of 1GB data was around Rs 300, now it has become around Rs 10 per GB. On an average a person in India consumes 14GB per month. It will cost around Rs 4200 per month but the cost will be Rs 125-150. This has happened only because of the efforts of the government. ,
Ambani has announced that Jio 5G plans will be available at the lowest prices compared to any telecom company in the world. A senior Airtel executive has also reportedly said that the prices of the 5G plan will be the same as the 4G plan. At present, people spend around Rs 400-600 for unlimited benefits. Hence, there is a possibility that the prices of 5G plans could be up to the same.