Sunday, December 4, 2022
HomeBusiness3 Friends Start Online Bakery, Bakingo was launched with ₹ 2 lakh...

3 Friends Start Online Bakery, Bakingo was launched with ₹ 2 lakh capital now Turn It Into ₹ 75 Crore Business

Bakingo was launched with ₹ 2 lakh capital in February 2010.

The road to Bakingo began six years before the company when three college friends – Himanshu Chawla, Shrey Sehgal and Suman Patra – from Netaji Subhash University in New Delhi came together for their entrepreneurial endeavors.

After a few years in corporate jobs after graduating from college in 2006 and 2007, the trio founded their first company Flower Aura, an online flower, cake and personalized gifts company founded in 2010.

“Flower Aura had very humble beginnings in a basement in Gurugram,” Suman told The Weekend Leader while discussing his journey.

The company was launched in February 2010 with 2 lakh capital, a year before Suman joined.

“Initially, we only had one employee who worked as a customer service representative and also managed operations and delivery,” he added, before speaking about the breakthrough day.

Valentine’s Day 2010 – The number of orders grew exponentially and co-founders Himanshu and Shrey had to lend a hand to manage the order’s shipments.

“That day, Himanshu Hand and I delivered at least 50 percent of the orders to Delhi NCR,” Shrey added.

The company experienced exponential growth and the founders felt it was the right time to expand.

In 2016, Himanshu Chawla, Shrey Sehgal and Suman Patra established Bakingo as a standalone brand under a new company.

The company is focused on filling the gap of a company that could offer fresh cakes of the same brand with the same taste in multiple locations across the country.

“The bakery business in India has traditionally been more of a local experience, almost like a boutique that may offer the best product but cannot scale with stores in multiple locations,” Himanshu said.

The company offers a wider range of cakes to choose from not only in major cities like Hyderabad, Bengaluru and Delhi NCR but also in second tier cities including Merrut Panipat Rohtak and Karnal among others.

PromotedListen to the latest songs only at JioSaavn.com
Nearly 30 percent of Bakingo’s sales come through its website, while the remaining 70 percent of sales come from other grocery portals like Swiggy and Zomato.

The company closed the 2021-22 financial year with sales of £75m and employs over 500 people. Bakingo also opened its first offline store in Delhi this year.

- Advertisement -
MOBILE

- Advertisment -

- Advertisment -spot_imgspot_imgspot_img

Auto

Two Wheeler

BUSINESS AND FINANCE

Digit News

spot_img