The 2022 Suzuki Katana bike is equipped with Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (SIRS) which comes with different types of advanced electronic control systems.
2022 Suzuki Katana: Suzuki Motorcycle India has today launched its new bike Katana in India. The company has introduced this bike at a price of Rs 13.61 lakh (ex-showroom). This bike has been named after the historical sword of Japan, the Katana. The new Katana has been developed as a sporty looking standard street motorcycle. It has a 999-cm3 powertrain. Suzuki Katana will be available at all the company’s bike zone dealerships after July 4. You will be able to buy it in 2 color variants – Metallic Matte Stellar Blue and Metallic Mystic Silver.
Engine and Features
- Suzuki Katana is powered by a 999cm3 four-stroke, liquid-cooled, DOHC, inline-four engine that generates 112 kW (152 PS) / 11,000 RPM power and 106 Nm / 9,250 RPM torque.
- This bike is equipped with Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (SIRS) which comes with different types of advanced electronic control systems.
- The bike also gets features like Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS), Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (SDMS), Ride-by-Wire Electronic Throttle System, Low RPM Assist and Suzuki Easy Start System.
- Suzuki Traction Control System (STCS) has 5 mode settings (+ OFF) to choose from.
- The ride-by-wire electronic throttle system enables the new electronic control system. Low RPM assist suppresses engine stall and helps in ensuring better control and operation in stop-and-go traffic. With the help of Suzuki Easy Start System, the rider can start the engine with a quick press.
- Katana uses lightweight chassis. You can drive with better control and maximum comfort even on long rides. The multi-functional instrument cluster is fully LCD and comes with adjustable brightness.
- Talking about the design of the bike, it gets a unique rectangular shape and a vertical LED headlight with LED front position lights. At the rear, the LED tail lights and brake lights give it a distinctive look.
Satoshi Uchida, Managing Director, Suzuki Motorcycle India said, “This launch is part of our strategy to strengthen our bike portfolio in India.” Since then the company has been receiving a lot of inquiries regarding this bike. This bike has been launched with Suzuki’s Intelligent Ride Systems. There are many types of advanced electronic control systems in it. (input – PTI, express drive)